A team of regular writers produces our feature articles. However, we’re always keen to hear from new voices so if you fancy writing something for Soberistas then please get in touch! As long as it’s an original, upbeat and relevant article then send it in and we will take a look. Read on for the details…
- Word count: No specific limits but we typically feature posts that are between 600-1000 words.
- Tone: Optimistic! Soberistas is about promoting a positive take on sobriety. Take a look around and see what we've previously posted.
- Content unique to Soberistas: We ask that posts submitted be unique and original to Soberistas. We do not accept posts that have already been published elsewhere online or that you plan to send on to other websites.
- We are not interested in SEO-driven submissions that are not in line with our philosophy: If you work for a content farm or are a freelancer who writes articles for the sole purpose of linking up keywords in an effort to boost SEO, we are not interested. If any part of your article references or promotes a business or service that is not in keeping with our philosophy then we do not welcome your submission.
A few pointers:
- Articles written from a personal angle make for better reading!
- We are looking for posts about healthy living, fitness, nutrition, sobriety, positivity, etc. Please look at other posts on the site for ideas as to the type of feature we publish.
- Once your post goes live, please tell your friends via email, your website, Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media you use. The more people who view your post, the better - for you and for Soberistas!
- We love receiving your material for submission, and we try to reply quickly to everyone who sends something in. However, we are a small team and therefore this isn’t always possible. Please expect a reply within 7 - 10 days.
All sound ok? Then please send us:
- Your full post with a working title. Please send this within the body of an email or in a word document.
- Any relevant images for your post (please send as separate files, not pasted within a doc) with links to original source if you do not own the image rights.
- Your brief bio (less than 120 words) with links to your site, Facebook, Twitter, pages.
- A headshot or photo of you you'd like us to use for you bio.
- All of the above can be sent to email@example.com
Please remember that we reserve the right to edit copy, title and any images that you send in and we accept for publishing on our site. By sending in your submissions, you are consenting to any form of editing that the Soberistas team deems it necessary to carry out.
The Soberistas Personal Stories are incredibly helpful and inspirational for people who want to become alcohol-free. Knowing there are other people out there who have been through the same struggles but who’ve found a way out of the booze trap (and who are much happier as a result!) is vital in helping a person transform into a Soberista.
If you would like to share your story of boozy to brilliant then just follow the simple brief below. If you are happy for us to show your picture alongside your story (this is optional) then please send it in as a separate attachment (preferably JPEG).
We would love you to write something about your experiences with alcohol that encompasses the points below, but please stick to 500-700 words. You don’t have to supply your name but you can if you prefer. We think that by reading your Personal Story, others will be inspired to tackle their own issues with alcohol, and so thank you for your honesty.
- Why was your relationship with alcohol problematic - i.e. what was it about your drinking habits that made you realise that you needed to get your alcohol consumption under control?
- What steps did you take to stop drinking?
- What is the best advice you would give someone who is aiming to become alcohol-free?
- How has your life improved as a result of quitting the booze?
Did you enjoy reading our book reviews? Fancy yourself as a bit of a critic? The Soberistas Book Reviews section is made up solely of reviews written by our members, so please send in your take on any books about the following subjects; healthy living, yoga, fitness, sobriety, alcohol, addiction, stopping smoking, nutrition (including cookery books – as long as they are healthy!), etc. All we ask is that you keep your review to a maximum of 700 words and your review is original and unique to Soberistas.
For all Book Reviews, Personal Stories and Feature Articles please follow the guidelines above and submit via the forms on the relevant pages or alternatively send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks and we can’t wait to read your submissions!